Friday 4 September 2009

Getting Started

Deciding to build a Scooter specifically for racing is not an easy decision and not one that should be done on a whim. However, after fully investigating the in's and the out's of each type, I decided to aim to build a Group 4 Standard Lambretta.

Although the option of an automatic was available, I wanted to really build my racer from the ground up in order to obtain a better understanding of the inner workings. In the end, the decision was easy; if I could provide a frame I would have access to lots of basic race parts through my dad.

My journey took me to ebay and the perfect frame popped up. I proudly won the bidding war starting 'the scooter obsession'. As you can see the frame was not in perfect nick but it was certainly a useable frame. It was puchased from ex-sprinter Stuart Owen and this Serveta frame is perfect for racing. It has strengthening on weak areas and lacks a battery tray.












After Purchasing the Stand Cross Member, I dismantled it. It has since been taken to a company for blast cleaning and I will have the fork tube shortened to GP length as well as some plating and the cross member welding on. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment