Sunday 12 February 2012

Engine and KAS Racepaint (Batch Two)

Gary kindly collected my batch of paintwork on Monday. This had been completed at KAS Racepaint over the weekend. I was certainly looking forward to recieving the professionally painted batch of Lambretta parts. However, it appears that my week was in for even more of a treat. I received a call from Chalkie of Replay Scooters on the Wednesday to say my engine had been built and was ready for collection. The grin I had just acquired went form ear to ear! The only negative to all of this good news was I would have to wait until the weekend to see it all.

Saturday morning was cold but despite the weather, we ventured out to collect the bits. So with great pleasure, I present to you, the pictures:


As there is still so much to do, I painted the temporary Legshields in a makeshift spray booth. Pictures of the finished product will appear in the coming weeks. Here is a couple of the spray booth for now though.



I also had a car issue over the weekend that put a strain on my timings but this was fixed by my Dad so a shout-out goes to him for keeping me on the road. A shout-out also must go to my Mum who provided us both with excellent bacon sandwiches at the weekend and of course for letting me spray paint in the house. Lastly, a thankyou to Steve of Ambivent for coming to visit on the Sunday and keeping up the morale.

I am hoping to get a few bits done during the week so I expect I will have a few more odds and sods off the list by next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wicked paint job, far to good to race, better than my road bike. Also the only spray booth with adjoining kitchenette,KAS Racepaint will be jealous. Keep up the great work EJ it's all coming together a treat.Finally congrats on the piece in this months Scootering Magazine - the big time is approaching.

    ReplyDelete